At Lakers we use ParentPay to make payments for all items, from food in school to visits.
Please note the new method of adding money to ParentPay
- When you Top Up ParentPay, the payment goes first to an area called ‘My Account’. From here it can be used to pay for any item, e.g. food or a visit – but must first be allocated
- From my account, select the child you would like to make a payment for and click on ‘Pay Item’
Thank you to students, parents and staff for making the cashless system so successful. We believe it is working well but if you have any comments or need any help, please get in touch.
- Not using ParentPay? Would you like to try PayPoint?
- PayPoint cards let you add money to your child’s school food account
- Students use their PIN number or biometrics (to be introduced September 2016) at the canteen till to pay for items
- You do not need to be registered with ParentPay to use PayPoint.
- PayPoints are found in many local shops – please ask for a list
Please note: payments can take up to 2 days to reach your account
Food in School
We operate cashless tills in our Catering Facility using PIN numbers for identification. To reduce queuing times for food, we will be introducing the biometric system (fingerprint scan) from September.
You will shortly receive a letter with a form to complete asking about consent to register your child/children for the biometric system. Please complete and return as soon as possible. You do not have to give permission. Biometrics is a way of identifying a person using their finger or thumb but it is not a fingerprint and cannot be used for identification outside of our catering system.
If your child is in receipt of a Free School Meal, you have the option of adding extra money via ParentPay/Paypoint. For more information on Free School Meals, please see under ‘About/Pupil Premium’ or ‘ParentPay/Free School Meals Made Easy’ on Lakers School website.
We are aiming to be completely cashless by September – please ensure you have topped up your food account. If you have any problems with this, speak to Mrs Davis in Finance Office.
Paying for School Visits using PayPoint
For each visit, you will receive a bar-coded letter. Please take this to your local PayPoint with each payment you wish to make.
If you would like a PayPoint card or want more information, please speak to Mrs Davis in the Finance Office.
If you have any questions about the Cashless system, ParentPay or biometrics, please contact Mrs. Davis or Mrs. Ford who will be glad to help with any query.